Friday, January 11, 2013

wasted winter week

The first week was rough. Moving into my mom’s house has been like culture shock to me for several reasons:

1. TV
2. Sauna (with built in cassette deck!)
3. Free time

It’s like my own personal spa. I roll out of bed at 9ish. Look at the internet. Read. Do some yoga. Take a sauna. Then comes the lure of television. I’ve watched an entire season of Game of Thrones in a week. Yikes!

When you’re working a nine-to-five there’s so much pressure to be productive in your spare time. You’re constantly battling the clock. But when your day is wide open it’s easy to get all Scarlett O’Hara and “think about that tomorrow.”

Fortunately, excessive free time gets trite fast. I’ve had my fun and now I’m feeling inspired to create. I’ll chalk the wasted time up to a well needed rest.


I'm off to escape the wilderness for the weekend. When I return, it's time to apply myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment