Thursday, January 10, 2013

baked apple chips

Last year, for the month of January, I did a cleanse. No gluten. No alcohol. No caffeine. No dairy. No meat. Etc... I was super into being healthy and it went spectacularly. I celebrated by going on a cruise where I proceeded to break out in hives every time I ate or drank anything bad for me. This year I had big plans to try another cleanse, but I just wasn't up to it. I am still trying to cut out sugar and refined foods. 

I have a major sweet tooth and was going through withdrawals after all the treats I ate over the holiday season. I decided to try my hand at making apple chips. They only have two ingredients: apples and cinnamon. They turned out delicious and are relatively healthy.

Apple Chips

 

baked apple chips

2 Gala apples
Cinnamon to taste 

Preheat your oven to 200°F. Slice the apples into the thinnest slices you can. A really large potato peeler would work great, but I did it with a knife. Put the slices in a large bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon to coat. Place the slices, in one layer, on a cookie sheet. Bake for two hours.

I didn't use any oil on the cookie sheet, but many of my chips stuck. I would suggest using a spray olive oil or putting them on parchment paper to avoid that problem.


Apple Chips 

Apple Chips

No comments:

Post a Comment