Thursday, January 16, 2014

raw kelp noodles with peanut sauce

For the past few years, January has been a month of self-reflection for me. A big part of this is clean eating and abstaining from toxins like caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco. This year, I decided to give a raw diet a try. I was really reluctant to do this. I thought it would be difficult and expensive. But I was wrong.


I absolutely love it. I've never felt so amazing in my life. I've been unusually happy for this time of year, I have tons of energy, and my insides just feel good. I don't know how I'll feel at the end of the month, but right now I am considering staying on a high raw diet indefinitely.

I've been going crazy trying different dishes. And for the most part they've been delicious. This weekend I was craving pad Thai, so I made a raw version. It was absolutely amazing. I used my own raw peanut butter, but you could use any raw nut butter in its place. This would also be amazing with almost any fresh vegetable. Zucchini, bell peppers, cucumber, or whatever you have on hand. I'll definitely be trying some different combinations over the next few weeks.



raw kelp noodles with peanut sauce

Base:
1 package raw kelp noodles
1 carrot, cut into thin strips
1 handful of spinach
1 handful of chopped red cabbage

Sauce:
2 tbsp nama shoyu
2 tbsp raw nut butter
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 tbsp agave
1 garlic clove
1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled
juice of 1 lime

red pepper flakes, to garnish

Combine kelp noodles, carrots, and spinach in a large bowl.

In a food processor, mix all of the sauce ingredients until smooth.

Pour the sauce over the noodles and vegetables and garnish with red pepper flakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment